Monday, August 16, 2010

Cleaning things up!

I have a pretty large craft room. In fact, it used to be the formal living room. But it never got much use and everyone hangs out in the family room anyway. So a couple years ago, we put glass french doors in the doorways and it became my craft room. I really like having so much room to sew, knit, spin, even scrapbook now and then. But it's been neglected for months and it has become a dumping ground for stuff that doesn't have a home. Here's what it looked like this past Saturday morning.

craftroom_before

Shameful, really. So I devoted my day to putting things in order.

craftroom_after

Once most of the junk was off the floor, I decided I need to tackle the desk.
craftroom_desk_before

That took me longer than the mess that was all over the floor.

craftroom_desk_after

Now that the room is pretty picked up, I feel like I can be creative again. But I do have three baskets worth of mending and alterations to get through now. So many projects, so little time.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Love the craft room. Some day I aspire to have a neat well appointed room for my crafts. Right now I'm sprawled into various stolen spaces around the house - random closets, cabinets, etc. Your room would inspire creativity that's for sure